Computer poetry is warfare carried out by other means, a warfare against conventionality and language that has become automatized. Strange as it seems, our finite state automata have become the poet’s allies in this struggle, the long historical battle by which mankind pries into the surface of language to reveal its latent mysteries… R.W. Bailey, Computer Poems (1973)
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
[GOD-CMPLX]
I have squandered all my promise on a pocket full of promises – all eyes ingest & now my own leg doesn't belong to me. It falls off like sick scenes from a night plague boor paste. Resonating pain until it goes away. But it isn't enough. It is never enough. My arm is full promises I can't keep. I lob it off like a distant memory. Bury it next to my pets. Slither into the window. I ask my own mother to box me. She complies. My eyes feel like they don't belong to me. My eyes feel like they belong to themselves. They lob me off. Nails in my earlobes till I can't imagine who I am. I am all imagination. I am all. I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I realized, reflecting back on my musings that I use the term "At any rate" an awful lot, often awkwardly and without reason. In...
-
xxxxxxxxhis enraptured final hush and multiply itxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxand ruin the fruit of his mother's laborxxxxxxxxxxx ...
-
the syndrome of a pendulum fashioned by a bad reputation. praying like an angel to a bomb urinated from a strangled star. love is pain. and ...
-
silence is the ambition of insanity. pandemonium morals & sestina ethics. behold songs coming through the walls. recycling the eulogies ...
-
Fork Tongued in loops of wire he nods&nods&nods which was a pity since he should have shook with rage at ...
No comments:
Post a Comment